Pulao made with Fenugreek leaves.
This is a simple and flavorful pulao made in jiffy and perfect one for lunch box also. I learnt this recipe from my friend who makes this so often, and the highlight of this pulao is it doesn’t involve any grinding of masala and only cardamom is used for the flavor.
Since i made this in the morning couldn’t take proper step wise pictures .Will update soon.
|METHI LEAVES/FENEUGREEK LEAVES||1 CUP (LOOSELY PACKED)|
|BASMATHI RICE||1 CUP|
|ONION||1 NO (BIG)|
|TOMATO||1 NO.( BIG)|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 mins in 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
- Wash the methi leaves and chop it finely . Keep it aside.
- Thinly slice the onions and finely chop the tomatoes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and add the cardamom.
- Slit the green chillis and add this and add the sliced onions.
- Saute for few minutes, the onions have to be crunchy ,so do not overcook.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for few minutes and throw in the chilli powder and salt.
- Now add the Chopped methi leaves and saute for a minute or two.
- Throw in the mint leaves and stir it well and add the soaked rice.
- Cover it with a lid and pressure coo till 2 whistles.
- Serve hot with onion raitha.
- Addition of tomato is a must so do not skip this.
- The tomatoes used in this takes out the bitterness of methi leaves.