|BITTER GOURD||4 NO|
|RICE FLOUR||6-7 TBLSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|ASAFOETIDA||A GENEROUS PINCH|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Wash and cut the bitter gourd in to two and take out the seeds.
- Cut them into thin slices.
- As per the original recipe, we have to rub it with salt and keep it aside for an hour. But i totally forgot and added the rice flour, salt, garam masala powder, asafoetida, red chilli powder and pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil till it becomes hot for deep frying.
- The moisture oozed from the mixture is enough and no need to add any water for binding.
- Deep fry in batches and when it turns golden brown drain in a kitchen towel.
- We had this with sambar rice.
- This tasted crisp even the next day also as i stored the left over fries in a air tight box and kept inside the fridge.
- Cut the bitter gourd into thin slices, else they won’t get cooked inside.
- You can also cut the bitter gourd and rub them with salt and keep it aside for and hour. After an hour squeeze out the excess water and follow the remaining steps mentioned above.