Today I am sharing the recipe of paneer masala dosa, the first dosa recipe in my blog. As we make dosa in weekend some how i never had the chance to click the dosa and clicking dosa is always a tricky for me. Paneer Dosa is the one which i tasted during my college days and i tried this recipe a few times at home. When i made this during last weekend i reserved a little batter and made again yesterday for my lunch.
For Dosa batter recipe refer my Kuzhi Paniyaram recipe. I used the same recipe for batter here.
For Paneer Filling:
|PANEER CUBES||1/2 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||2 PINCHES|
|OIL||2 TSP + FEW DROPS FOR DOSA|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Soak the paneer cubes in hot water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes drain the water and scramble the paneer.( I used the mixer to do this)
- Chop the onions and capsicum finely .
- In a pan, add the oil and throw in the cumin seeds and add the onions.
- Saute for few minutes and add the chopped capsicum, scrambled paneer, salt, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Saute for 2 –3 minutes in low flame.
- Now add the finely chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- I used 2 tsp of tomato paste.
- Mix well and add curry leaves to give a south Indian touch to the masala.
- Heat a dosa tawa and when it is hot start making dosa by making a circle with the back of the laddle.
- Place 3-4 tblsp of filling in the center and when the base part turns gloden brown just fold the dosa.
- If you want just drizzle a few drops of ghee.
- We always have this without any side dish.
- If you want to have with any side dish just click HERE FOR RECIPES.
- Always serve hot.
- While making the masala , you can add any finely chopped veggie of your choice.
- The dosa batter should not be too thick and it should be of a pouring consistency.