My mom usually add soy chunks in vegetable biryani, but after marriage i have never tasted or cooked soy chunks| meal maker even in restaurants too. When i saw this in the nearby Indian grocery store I bought a pack of soya chunks to try out any recipe with soya chunks recipe. Soon I will post some variety of recipes with soya chunks in my space.
Recipe Source: Red Chillies.
I modified the recipe slightly to suit my taste and it tasted very nice. We had it with rotis.
|SOYA CHUNKS| MEAL MAKER||1 CUP|
|SOY SAUCE||1 TBSLP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
- Boil the water and add the soya chunks, milk and add salt to this.
- Adding milk to this will suppress the smell of soya chunks.
- Let this boil for 12-15 minutes.
- After that keep it closed for 10 minutes.
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Chop the onions finely and capsicum into cubes.
- Add oil in a pan, and add the garlic pieces.
- Add in the onions and saute for 4- 5 minutes in a medium flame.
- Meanwhile drain the water from the soya chunks and squeeze out the excess water from the soya chunks.
- When the onions turn pink, add the red chilli powder, salt and soya sauce.
- Add the capsicum and saute for sometime in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add the soya chunks and mix well.
- Add the coriander leaves and saute well.
- Serve hot with Vegetable Fried rice or rotis.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added instead of garlic.
- Pepper powder can be added to enhance the flavor.
- A tsp of tomato ketchup can be added.