Biryani is a very popular and rich one pot meal. I am posting the recipe of soya chunks biryani made in pressure cooker, though it is not the authentic way of making biryani, but i am sure it will taste awesome and easy one to make even on a busy weekday mornings too.
Before going into the post i wanted to mention to all my readers that i have a Facebook Fanpage for Jeyashri’s Kitchen and you can get all the updates by clicking the Like button over there. And for I am clarifying the doubt that i am not writing recipes in Facebook i have a website and i have a collection of 600+ recipes , i have linked my posts to get published in Facebook. For those who are not aware of it, just click HERE.
Over to the recipe of Protein Rich Soya Chunks Biryani:
Preparation time: 15 minutes . Cooking time: 15 minutes. Serves: 1-2
|BASMATHI RICE||1/2 CUP|
|SOYA CHUNKS||1/4 CUP|
|COCONUT MILK||1/4 CUP|
|GINGER||1 SMALL PIECE|
|FENNEL SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|MINT LEAVES||2 TBSLP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
- In a saucepan add 1-2 cups water and when it comes to a nice boil add 1 tblsp of milk and the soya chunks to it. Let it boil for 2 minutes. when it is done, drain the water and squeeze the soya chunks to take out the extra water. Do it when the chunks are warm and the heat is easy to handle.
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes in half cup of water.
- After 10 minutes take out the rice only (keep the water aside) and roast it in a pan adding a tsp of oil for a minute. Be careful not to burn it.
- Just soak it again the same water. Add the coconut milk to this. I grind 2-3 tblsp of scrapped coconut by adding 1/4 of water to it and extracted the coconut milk at home.
- Roughly chop 1 onion and in a pan add few drops of oil and saute the garlic,onion and mint leaves till the onions turns golden brown.
- Grind it to a smooth paste along with fennel seeds. Add 1-2 tblsp of water while grinding.
- Slice the other onion into thin pieces.
- Add 1- 2 tbslp of oil to the pressure cooker and saute the thinly sliced onions. When the onions are done add the ground masala.
- Saute for a minute in medium flame.
- Add the soya chunks and mix well.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the soaked rice along with water and coconut milk.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook till one whistle . Lower the flame and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure is released fluff it with fork .
- Serve hot with any raitha. You can add finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- We don’t like the addition of whole garam masala , but if you like just temper with cloves and bay leaf .
- The same procedure can be followed for Vegetable biryani too. Just replace soya chunks with Mixed vegetables .
- Addition of coconut milk is highly recommended.
- While grinding the masala you can add 1/4 tsp of garam masala too.
- My ratio for rice and water is 1: 1.5 cup.