Check out my Collection of vinayagar chaturthi recipes HERE
INGREDIENTS: FOR 6 KOZHUKATTAIS
|PARUPPU USILI POORNAM||2 TBLSP|
|RICE FLOUR | IDIYAPPAM FLOUR||1/3 CUP|
|SESAME OIL||1-2 TSP|
- After steaming the grind dal which we soaked for usili, allow that to cool and grind it in a mixer. In a pan add oil and throw in few mustard seeds and curry leaves and saute the poornam for a minute.
- Poornam is ready. Take a lemon sized of outer dough (refer HERE for the recipe)
- With your fingers make a cup put of this and place little poornam inside this and carefully seal this as how we seal the uppu ulundu kozhukattai.
- Repeat this for the rest of the poornam and dough. Steam this ina greased idli maker for 8- 10 minutes.
- Soft uppu kozhukattais are ready for neivedhyam. At our house we don’t offer uppu kozhukattais for neivedhyam. We make only modakams for neivedhyam.