Last week when i was teaching my helper , how to make tea, i thought i will post this here, so that it will be useful for many bachelors and first timers who make tea. Always use good quality of tea leaves. My preferred tea brand are Tata gold, Wag bakri, Society Tea. While i was in chennai i use 3 roses,red label or Taj mahal tea.
Check out my Filter Coffee.
Looking for Tea time snacks ? Check out this Snacks recipes
- Crush the ginger and cardamom using a mortar and pestle. Crush the cardamom seeds nicely so that it will give a nice flavour to the tea.
- Boil the water in a sauce pan and add the crushed ginger ,cardamom and tea leaves|powder. Let this boil for 2- 3 minutes in a very low flame. The flavor of the tea, ginger and cardamom will now get infused into the water. Add the milk now.
- Keep the flame little high and when it comes to boil, lower the flame. Keep it in sim for 5 seconds.
- Cover it for 3 seconds. Switch off the flame. Filter this now.
- Add sugar as desired . Mix well and serve hot.
- Always use fresh milk for making tea.
- Select good quality of tea powder.
- If you want the tea to be more dominantly ginger then add some more crushed ginger at the end , before putting off the flame and cover for 5 seconds.
- Never reheat the tea after it is made. Either reheat in the microwave oven or use double boiler method.(heat water in a pan and keep the tea on this in a tumbler). Do not reheat directly on the flame.
- Always add sugar after the tea is done. Never add sugar when the tea is boiling. It will not taste good.
- The ratio of milk and water depends upon your preference.
- The amount of tea powder depends on the brand and how strong you need it.