Preparation Time : 10 mins+ 8 hours soaking| Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 1-2
Rajma 1/4 cup
Basmati rice 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
Green chili 1
Oil 3 tsp
Garam masala | rajma masala 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf 1
Mint leaves few
Coriander leaves few
- Soak rajma for 8 hours or over night.
- Cook the rajma till 4-5 whistles. Add 1/2 cup of water while cooking the rajma. Add little salt too.
- Soak basmati rice in 1/4 cup of water. The water we have used in cooking the rajma will be used for the pulao too. So 1/4 cup of water is enough.
- Finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and throw in the cardamom, bay leaf,clove and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute it for few minutes in a low flame and add the chopped onions. Cook for few minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes in a low flame. Add in the red chili powder, green chili, cumin powder, coriander powder, rajma masala (garam masala). Add in finely chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves. Add salt. Remember that we added salt while cooking rajma too. So add accordingly.
- Add the cooked rajma. Do not discard the water. Measure the water and keep 1/4 cup for cooking the pulao. Already we added 1/4 cup to the rice.
- Add the rice and water. Mix well and cover it. Cook till one whistle and put in a lowest flame for 7 minutes.
- Let the pressure subside on its own.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. You can either pack it for lunch or serve it hot for lunch too.
- Ensure that the rajma is well cooked before you put for the pulao
- You can grind the onion, tomato, corinade leaves, mint leaves too.
- Adding a tsp of butter while cooking enhances the flavour.