7 cup burfi recipe | Seven cup burfi recipe, a classic, traditional Deepavali sweet. Seven cup cake recipe with detailed step-by-step pictures.
7 cup burfi | seven cup cake is an easy sweet recipe. In most houses, it is compulsory sweet for Diwali. My grandmother also makes this every year. She always says it is easy for distributing among neighbors too for Diwali. My mother-in-law also makes this but she adds cashew paste to this. I have posted her version of Coconut and cashew burfi. This recipe is different and no complicated steps are involved in making this Diwali sweet.
No need to check for any string consistency in this recipe. Looking for an easy Diwali sweet, then this 7 cup burfi is a must-try one. The name 7 cup denotes 7 ingredients in this sweet recipe. We don’t have 7 different ingredients, the main ones being besan, sugar, ghee, coconut, and milk. But sugar and ghee are added in 2 portions.
If you are measuring in one small cup, use the same cup size for measuring all the ingredients.
Check out my full collections of Diwali Sweets recipes.
Also, check out
7 cup burfi recipe
- 1 cup* Besan | Kadalaimaavu
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups** Ghee
- 1 cup Coconut
- 2 cups Sugar
- Cardamom powder a pinch optional
- *1 cup measurement you can take any small cup of your choice.
- **Ghee no need to add 2 cups i felt 1 and 1/2 cup is enough
- Dry roast the besan |kadalaimaavu till it emits a nice aroma. Roast in a low flame. Be careful not to burn this. Switch off the flame.
- Pulse the scrapped coconut once and add it to the besan. Add the ghee, milk and sugar. You can even reduce the sugar to 1 and 3/4 cup too.
- Mix well without any lumps. Switch on the flame and start stirring in a medium low flame.
- Be careful as the mixture will burn fast.
- Keep the flame to medium after 5-7 minutes.
- Soon the mixture will start thicken. At one stage the mixture will come into a whole mass without sticking to the bottom. Also it be porus too.
- Keep a greased plate ready and add the sweet mixture, which has come into a whole mass.
- Spread it evenly. Allow this to cool. When it is warm mark them into desired shapes.
- Once they are completely cool, cut them and invert the plate and take out the burfis.
2. ensure the besan is roasted else raw smell will be there.
3. My mother in law will add 2 tblsp of sugar in the last to get firm the 7 cup burfi.
4. This tip will work for any burfis.
Dry roast the besan |kadalaimaavu till it emits a nice aroma. Roast in a low flame. Be careful not to burn this. Switch off the flame.