RECIPE FOR BOTH- a LOW FAT VERSION OF THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING WITHOUT EGGS
Salads are always a super hit at my place. When i soaked channa for making Channa pulao i felt it was little extra and kept a 1/2 cup of soaked chickpeas aside for making salad. Suddenly i thought of making the salad with a dressing and i adopted this Thousand island dressing from Tarla dalal’s cook book. Though we get ready made Thousand island dressing in super markets, most of them contains eggs. So i wanted to try it out at home and it is a low fat version of Salad and diet watchers go ahead to try out the recipe of chickpeas salad with Thousand island dressing.
Also check out my
INGREDIENTS ( FOR THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING)
|MUSTARD POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|TOMATO KETCHUP||1 TBLSP|
|CHOPPED ONION||1 TBLSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1/2 NO|
|CHOPPED CAPSICUM||2 TBLSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned in the 1st table .
- I used the mortar and pestle to make mustard powder.
- Chop the carrots, onions and combine the boiled chickpeas, boiled chickpeas, cabbage and pepper in a wide bowl.
- Just before serving combine all the salad and thousand island dressing.
- Mix well. Serve immediately.
- Vegetables used in the salad is truly optional. I just added the veggies which i had in my hand.
- The dressing has to be consumed on the same day. Do not store for more than 5 hours.