I saw the recipe in show me the curry and thought i will give it a try. Wow i got the perfect chai masala recipe. Try this out at home and i am sure you will love this masala tea.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : Nil |Makes: 1/4 cup
Cardamom | Elachi 15
Dry ginger |Sukku a small piece
Black pepper powder 1/2
|Krambu | Laung 10
Cinnamon a small stick
Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Heat a pan for 2 minutes and switch it off. Do not roast in pan
- Put all the ingredients in the pan for a minute and take it out. If you get good sunlight in your place just keep it under sun for 30 minutes.
Grind this in a dry mixer until it becomes a fine powder.
If you want you can sieve this masala. I didn’t sieve the masala.
- chai masala is ready. Keep this in an airtight container. While making for 2 people add a pinch of chai masala . It will be very flavourful.
- If the spices are kept in the freezer take it out and allow the water to ooze out. Pat dry completely and then make a powder. Else it become moist while grinding
- Store the masala in air tight container. Use clean dry spoon or hands to take out the masala.
- A pinch is enough for chai for 2 people. Using more will spoil the taste.