Javarisi payasam recipe | Sabudana kheer| Easy to make Javarisi payasam with evaporated milk.
Sago kheer is my favorite one and my family also loves the sago pearls a lot in payasam. Before marriage, I never like javairisi payasam as I feel it is like porridge. My husband is a huge fan of sabudana kheer, so when I started making it for him, I started liking it too.
Usually, I add condensed milk to payasam to make it rich. This time I added evaporated milk and the taste was extremely good.
Evaporated milk is thin and is not sweet where as condensed milk is thick and sweet. Next time when you make any milk-based kheer, add evaporated milk, trust me, it will give an excellent taste.
Also check out, Rice kheer, Besan kheer, Paneer kheer, Green peas kheer, Sweet corn kheer
Javarisi payasam recipe
- 1/4 cup sago | javarisi | sabudana
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp ghee
- Few cashew nuts
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- Wash and soak the sago in water for 2-3 hours.
- In a pan, add the ghee and fry the cashew nuts till golden brown.
- Keep it aside.
- Drain the water from the soaked javarisi and saute it in the remaining ghee for 2 mins.
- Add milk to this and boil it in a medium flame sauting in between.
- When it comes to a boil add the evaporated milk.
- If you do not get evaporated milk, use condensed milk.
- Boil this for 10 minutes till you get a nice texture.
- The payasam tends to thicken after it comes to room temperature.
- Now add sugar and mix well. Switch off the flame and garnish with cashew nuts.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot or you can serve chilled too.
- The kheer tasted so yum and the flavor of the evaporated milk was fantastic and we enjoyed it a lot.
- If do not get evaporated milk in your place, add condensed milk.
- In that case, skip the sugar.
- The sago will absorb the milk when the kheer becomes cool. So it will be thickened.
- The same kheer can be made with vermicelli also.
- Sago payasam | javarisi payasam tastes yum with evaporated milk.
adding evaporated milk sounds gud….kheer looks very creamy and yummy…my kid's favourite kheer…nice presentation and cute click!
Lovely clicks and kheer looks very tempting jey 🙂 The payasam looks so perfect in bright red BG!
Yummy payasam,and beautiful pictures Jeyashri..
Very delicious,love the pearls from outside the glass!!yummy!!
Looks delicious, Nice and tempting clicks.
Yummy kheer i usually do this payasam in nylon sago in the same method urs looks simply and delicious dear…
Luv the presentation!!
superb payasam, looks so yummy dear..
Join the Just "4" Fun event 🙂
Wow…it's simple and yum…
I can c the sago thro glass ,perfectly made 🙂 nice clicks 🙂
Yummy creamy payasam…
Belated birthday wishes to your son Jeyshri..the kheer looks really yum…nice pics
yummy kheer….luks so perfect dear
looks so delicious..very tempting clicks!!
I love all types of kheers–vermicelli or sago–and sweet treats. And now I want that glass for myself..!
wow looks very yummy.. i dont make this often but its so tempting..
This is my husbands all time fav. Looks perfect for a cold winter evening. YUM!
I love this Payasam. Evaporated milk is new to me. Love the clicks, inviting pictures.
Javarisi Payasam super a irukku. Love the love combo of glass and background.
Yum kheer. First i read javarisi as jeayshri , and wondered what is jayasri payasam :)Looks delicious and nice clicks too
Simple and delicious kheer 🙂
very recently did I started enjoying sabudana. This sounds delicious.
Delicious and creamy payasam. Lovely picture.
delicious payasam..awesome clicks.
Our favourite one!, lovely clicks, javarisi is my favourite.., looks so delicious and creamy
Hai jayashree I want to conform evaporate milk is equal to milk maid reply me pls
No both are different. I have mentioned about that in detail in the post too