Preparation Time : 5 mins + 3 hours resting time| Cooking Time : Nil |Serves: 2
Curd | yogurt 1 cup
Sugar 3 tblsp
Milk 1/2 tsp
Saffron a pinch
Cardamom powder a pinch
- In a big strainer or a muslin cloth put the curd and keep it aside for 3 hours. If keeping in a strainer keep a vessel below this for the water to get collected. I always use this method because the cloth one since we are hanging it outside will make the curd sour.
- So you will get thick curd after 3 hours. Discard the water.
- Soak the saffron in warm milk for 5 minutes. Blanch the pistachios and chop them finely.
- Add the saffron milk , powdered sugar and cardamom powder to the thick yogurt.
- Mix this gently and well. Do not mix too much as the thick curd will leave out oil. I used the fine sugar and so it get dissolved soon.
- You can powder the sugar and add too. Add the chopped pistachios. Keep little for garnishing.
- Adding now will give a nutty texture while eating.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with pistachios and if needed a strand of saffron.
- Keep this in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve chilled.
- Do not add soak the saffron in more milk, else it will make the curd loose.
- You can adjust the sugar according to your taste.
- Do not over beat this while mixing.
- You can add blanched and finely chopped almonds too.