Since I prefer simple recipes,which will ultimately give me a helping hand on lazy mornings,I asked for the recipe. I made it twice,turned out quite nice and am sure you all will like it.
This recipe doesn’t need onion or garlic .
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Basmati rice or raw rice 1 cup
Coriander leaves a small bunch
Green chili 2
Salt as needed
Oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Channa dal 1 tsp
Cashew nuts 7 (optional)
Curry leaves few
Salt to taste
lemon juice few drops (optional)
- Wash the coriander leaves and chop it roughly. Add salt, 1tsp of oil,greenchillies to it and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Cook the rice separately adding salt to it and allow it to cool.
- check the link on how to cook basmati rice.
- Strain the ground coriander paste in a tea strainer. Just keep it for few minutes.The excess water will drain off.
- Don’tsqueeze.Gently transfer the paste to the rice and mix it well evenly.
- U can add the water drained, for making rasam.
- In a kadai,add oil and temper mustard seeds,urad dhal ,channa dal and cashew nuts .
- When it is done add it to the coriander rice and mix gently.Add Fresh curry leaves.
- Serve with raitha of your choice.
- This can be done in the same way using mint leaves also.