Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 1 min|Serves: 4-5
Raw mango 1 cup
Green chili 2
Salt as needed
Coconut 3 tsp
Water 2 cups
Coconut oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida 2 pinches
Jeera |cumin 2 pinches
Curry leaves few
Mor milagai or red chili 2
- Peel the skin of the mangoes and cut them into big chunks.
- Grind the mango, green chili, salt and coconut into a fine paste. Add little water if needed.
- I forgot to add coconut, so added 3 tsp of coconut milk in the last.
- Strain the mixture using 2 cups of water.
- In a small pan heat coconut oil and add mustard seeds,urad dal,jeera, asafoetida and the mor milagai or red chili.
- Once the mustard splutters and the dal turns golden brown add this to the mango water.
- Add curry leaves.
- Since i didn’t add coconut, i added 3 tsp of coconut milk to the rasam and mixed it well.
- Rasam is ready.
- Serve this rasam with hot plain rice and any curry of your choice.
- The rasam will be in room temperature only. So serve it with hot rice.
- If you do not have added coconut while grinding, add coconut milk in the last.
- Mor milagai can be replaced with red chilies.