A quick and easy tiffin recipe made with paneer and instant sevai. If you are looking for an easy yet delicious tiffin, then this paneer sevai is a must try one. We are back from our London, Europe holiday and after that i visited India, for my niece wedding. Still using the drafted posts which i have scheduled for the vacation. Yet to take the camera in hands and click a new recipe. Stay tuned for more interesting recipes coming up. Check out my masala idiyappam recipe and curry leaves sevai recipe.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2
Instant Sevai 1 and 1/2 cup
Paneer scrambled 1/2 cup
Tomato 1 small
Oil 1 tblsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves few
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder | sombu podi 1/4 tsp
- Cook the sevai |rice noodles as per the instructions. I used concord brand, i just put that in hot water for 3 minutes and drained the sevai.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds and urad dal to this. Add curry leaves and ginger garlic paste to this.
- Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Finely chop the onion and grind the tomato . You can use tomato puree too.
- Add the onion and cook till the onions turn pink. Add the tomato puree to this. Add red chili powder, fennel powder and salt to this.
- Cook in a low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Once it is cooked, add the scrambled paneer to this. (put the panner in hot water for 10 minutes and drain the water. Mash with your hands to get scrambled paneer)
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cooked sevai to this.
- Mix gently and let it cook in a low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any raita of your choice.