Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 2
Millet Semiya 1/2 cup
Yogurt 3/4 cup
Milk 1/4 cup
Oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Channa dal 1/2 tsp
Urad dal 1/2 tsp
Green chili 1/2
Coriander leaves few
Curry leaves few
Salt as needed
Asafoetida a pinch
- Soak the millet semiya in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and steam this in a idli maker for 5-7 minutes.
- Allow this to completely cool. In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal, asafoetida and slit green chili. Add salt.
- When it is completely cool add in the yogurt.and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Add milk in the last. After adding milk the mixture will become slighlty loose.
- Keep this in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and serve chilled.
- I served with mor milagaai and maanga inji .
- If you are making and serving it later, you can add little yogurt and milk while serving.
- You can add few pomegranate in the last to enhance taste. My kids love them in curd rice.
- Never add yogurt when the sevai is hot.
- You can make this with normal semiya too. If it is already roasted just boil this in water. If not roasted, then dry roast it till golden brown..