Veg kheema masala is a creamy masala gravy, generally served with roti | naan. I have already posted cauliflower kheema recipe, which is a dry one. This veg kheema masala i have given for my monthly contribution for Kungumam Thozi , and got published in the May month issue. This recipe is easy to make and also the rich texture will surely impress your family and guests.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Grated paneer 1/4 cup
Green peas 2 tblsp
Cauliflower 1/4 cup (grated)
Cashew nuts 8
Tomato Puree 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Oil 2 tblsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Milk 1/4 cup
Salt as needed
Cumin seeds a pinch
- Finely chop the onions, capsicum and carrot.
- Warm the milk and soak the cashew nuts in that.
- In a pan add oil and add in the cumin seeds. Add the finely chopped onion to that.
- Cook for few minutes and add the tomato puree. I used store bought puree, if using tomato, take a big ripe tomato and grind this in mixie and add to the pan.
- Cook till the tomato cooks well and add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Cook in a medium low flame.
- Grind the cashew and milk into a fine paste.
- Add the grated paneer, cauliflower, chopped carrots and capsicum and green peas to the onion tomato mixture.
- Add salt to this.
- Add 1 cup of water to this and let the veggies get cooked in this for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew milk paste to this and keep the flame low.
- Add crushed kasoori methi to this.
- Cook for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Serve this with roti |kulcha.
- If you do not want to add grated cauliflower, you can add finely chopped cauliflower.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added in the beginning after adding oil.