Veppalakatti is a very traditional tamil brahmin recipe which i have always seen in a store in my home town, where they sell Applams, vadams and vathals. My amma always buys from there and if you are wondering from the name what it is, it is a dish made with Lime leaves and used as a pickle kind of side dish for Curd rice. A friend of mine shared this recipe with me recently, when i was telling her that i was left with few lime leaves after trying the Thai green curry.
|OMAM | AJWAIN||1/2 TSP|
|LIME JUICE||FEW DROPS (OPTIONAL)|
- Wash and pat dry the lime leaves. Tear the leaf and take out the middle stem.
- Take it out for all the leaves.
- Grind this in a mixer along with red chilli, omam, asafoetida and salt.(no need to roast any ingredient)
- after a day or 2 the color will change to brown. So no need to worry about that.
- If adding lemon juice add it while grinding. I didn’t add. Store it in the refrigerator and handle with a clean dry spoon always.