Everyone has their own way of cooking this green gram .I too make in a different way, but after tasting this dal in my friends place, almost a year back, i decided to make this in that way since we all like that . And another important thing is it is very simple and easy to make . Enjoy this green moong dal subzi with roti or jeera pulao.
Green moong dal subzi recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Whole green gram 1 cup
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Jeera | cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
- Wash and soak moong dal for 2 hrs .
- Cut the onions and tomatoes lengthwise into fine stripes .
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the jeeragam. When it splutters, add the onions and saute for a minute and add the tomatoes to that. Saute for a minute.
- Add the cuminpowder,coriander powder,garam masala,red chilli powder one by one and mix it nicely with the tomatoes and onions.
- Now add the soaked moong dal and add 2 1/2 cups of water. Add required salt to this.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook till 4 whistles.
- When it is done add the kasturi methi and mix it well.
- Transfer it to serving bowl . Garnish it with coriander leaves.
And if you like add some cream to the top of it or you can add a tblsp of milk and mix it , to get a nice creamy texture.
Serve hot with rotis.