Hi friends, Sorry for not visiting your blogs for the past 2 weeks.We went to india for a family function and had a very good time there and came back 2 days back. Now things have come to a routine.
Coming to the recipe, this upma is my all time favourite.whenever i visit my mom’s place i ask her to make this for breakfast. even when she visited here last time,most of the days she made this for me. But though it is my favourite, i never attempted to make this. Still dont know why!!. Yesterday i thought of attempting this on my own.Came out very well.
Just wanted to share the recipe with u all.Simple and easy one made with rice flour and tamarind water.
|TAMARIND EXTRACT||1 AND 1/4 CUPS|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Soak a small piece of tamarind in warm water .
- Extrat tamarind water from it.
- Mix this with the rice flour
- Add salt and mix well
- The consistency should be slightly loose from the chapathi dough.
- Heat a kadai,and add oil to it
- Temper mustard seeds , asafoetida and redchillies to it.
- When it crackles add the rice flour mixture to it.
- Cook in medium flames and break the lumps with a laddle.
- When it is cooked, sprinkle a few drops of water to it .
- Mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with SUTTA APPLAM.(Pappad roasted on open flame or can be microwaved too)
I personally love to eat this with sugar smeared on the top of it and with papad.