When I was speaking to my mom few days back, we were talking about mangoes.
Then i remembered about the mango ice cream she used to make for us when we were kids. We kids with our dear cousins enjoy this during our summer vacation.
Since my kids are on vacation now, i wanted to make this for them. This is the first time i am attempting this after marriage.
But my mom will make it with simple ingredients available at home. She learnt this from my Athai.
I made this with readymade mango pulp. Alternatively you can use fresh ripe mangoes.
|MANGO PULP||2 CUPS|
|FRESH CREAM||1/2 CUP|
|FRESH MANGO BITS||2 TBLSP|
- Mix all the ingredients, except the fresh mango bits.
- Mix everything nicely using a hand blender.
- Pour everything in a freezer safe bowl.
- Freeze for an hour.
- After an hour, take out from the freezer and blend it in a mixie for a minute.
- This step, is to make the icecream very soft and smooth.
- Repeat this process once again.
- This time add fresh mango bits(cut the fresh mango into tiny bits)and mix well.
- Freeze this for 4-6 hours
- Take out and insert a spoon inside,to check whether it is firm .
- If not, don’t worry freeze it for one more hour.
Treat your family with delicious REAL MANGO ice cream..
- YOU CAN REPLACE CONDENSED MILK WITH FULL CREAM MILK.
- IF USING FULL CREAM MILK,BOIL THE MILK AND ALLOW IT TO COOL COMPLETELY.
- IF IT IS WARM, IT WILL GET CURDLED.
- REPEAT THE PROCESS OF BLENDING THE MIXTURE FOR 3-4 TIMES ,IF USING MILK.