When I was speaking to my mom few days back, we were talking about mangoes.
Then i remembered about the mango ice cream she used to make for us when we were kids.This mango ice cream does not require ice cream maker and doesn't use eggs too. It can be made with easily available ingredients at home. We kids with our dear cousins enjoy this during our summer vacation.
Since my kids are on vacation now, i wanted to make this for them. This is the first time i am attempting this after marriage.
But my mom will make it with simple ingredients available at home. She learnt this from my Athai.
I made this with ready made mango pulp. Alternatively you can use fresh ripe mangoes.
Update: I made Mango ice cream with Alphonso mangoes and it tasted awesome.
Check out my fresh strawberry ice cream too.
Mango ice cream recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins + 6 hours freezing | Cooking Time : Nil |Yields: 4 cups
Mango pulp 2cups
Fresh cream 1/2 cup
Condensed milk 1/2 cup
Fresh mango bits 2 tblsp
- Mix all the ingredients, except the fresh mango bits. You can use amul cream too.
- Mix everything nicely using a hand blender.
- Pour everything in a freezer safe bowl.
- Freeze for an hour.
- After an hour, take out from the freezer and blend it in a mixie for a minute.
- This step, is to make the icecream very soft and smooth.
- Repeat this process once again.
- This time add fresh mango bits(cut the fresh mango into tiny bits)and mix well.
- Freeze this for 4-6 hours
- Take out and insert a spoon inside,to check whether it is firm .
- If not, don’t worry freeze it for one more hour.
Treat your family with delicious REAL MANGO ice cream.
- YOU CAN REPLACE CONDENSED MILK WITH FULL CREAM MILK.
- IF USING FULL CREAM MILK,BOIL THE MILK AND ALLOW IT TO COOL COMPLETELY.
- IF ADDING MILK, ADD SUGAR ACCORDING TO YOUR TASTE.
- IF IT IS WARM, IT WILL GET CURDLED.
- REPEAT THE PROCESS OF BLENDING THE MIXTURE FOR 3-4 TIMES ,IF USING MILK.