This is one of the simplest variety rice recipe which i make once a week for lunch box. My mom makes this when we were in college and me and my friends will feast on this along with Simple Potato Curry.
As i am held up with some personal work, couldn’t visit any blogs for the past 5 days and i am missing many wonderful posts. Kindly bear with me and please vote for me by clicking the badge. You can cast your vote every 4 hours. No need to login with your gmail id. Just click the badge and vote for potato cutlets
|COOKED RICE||1/2 CUP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|PAV BHAJI MASALA||2 PINCHES|
- Cook the rice and spread it in a plate to make it cool.
- Do not over cook the rice or mash it.
- In a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When it splutters add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Then add the chopped tomato and add the sambar powder, turmeric powder ,salt and pavbhaji masala to this.
- Saute nicely in a medium flame till the raw smell goes.
- Switch off the flame and add the rice to this and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Sambar powder can be replaced with red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added in the beginning before adding onions.
- I used parboiled rice, and sona masoori rice or basmathi rice can be used.