iNDIAN SANDWICH RECIPE.
Today I am sharing a very easy and healthy breakfast recipe which i made last sunday for breakfast . We all are big fan of sandwich and i normally make sandwiches quite often with the veggies available. This one is a super hit one and here comes the recipe of sprouted green gram sandwich.
|HOME MADE SPROUTS||3/4 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEED POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||2 PINCHES|
|LEMON JUICE||1/4 TSP|
|BUTTER||TO TOAST THE BREAD|
- Boil the potatoes and mash this with your hands.
- Chop the onions and carrots finely.
- In a pan add oil and saute the onions till golden brown.
- Add the carrots, sprouts, salt, red chili powder , cumin seed powder and garam masala.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix together nicely.
- Switch off the flame and add the chopped coriander leaves ( i didn’t add)and lemon juice. Mix well.
- In a tawa, toast two slices of bread with butter.
- When this becomes golden brown in color, arrange it in a plate and spread the filling. Use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture.
- Keep the other bread on the top of this.
- If you want this can be cut into triangles.
- Serve with tomato ketchup and enjoy with a glass of juice.
- Finely chopped capsicum, grated cauliflower, grated paneer| tofu can also be added to enhance the taste.
- Garam masala can be replaced with pav bhaji masala.
- Butter can be skipped while toasting, in that case consume it immediately else it will become dry.
- I used white bread, you can use whole meal bread also.
- Green Chutney can be used , inthat case spread this on one side of the bread where you are going to keep the filling, after toasting the bread.