I am going on a vacation for 2 weeks but i have scheduled few posts to keep this space active. Send in your mails regarding any queries and i will try to respond if i get proper net connectivity there.
|SHALLOTS (SMALL ONION)||7-8|
|MILAGAI PODI||4-5 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/2 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/4 TSP|
- Make idlis and keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. keep it covered. If you are making with left over idlis then you can keep it refrigerated overnight also.
- Take out the idlis and make it into small pieces using hands.
- Peel the shallots and chop them and finely chop the big onions. Chop the green chillies too.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds,channa dal,urad dal , green chillies and fry till the onions become translucent. Add little salt at this stage.
- Now add the idli pieces.
- Now add the idli milagai podi and mix gently to get even coating of the podi into the idli.
- Let this be in a low flame for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve hot.
- I personally love to have any upma with a cup of coffee.
- Generally idli upma is make with the last end past of the idli batter.
- Never skip the shallots as this will enhance the flavour.
- If you do not want to add idli milagai powder you can add 2-3 extra green chillies and squeeze little lemon juice in the last.