Cauliflower Masala Dosai
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Dosa batter 1 cup
Cauliflower (finely chopped) 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves few
Sambar powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tsp
- Wash the cauliflower nicely and chop them finely. Chop the onions and tomatoes very finely.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the cumin seeds. Add the ginger garlic paste. Saute for few minutes in a low flame till the raw smell goes. Add the curry leaves.
- Add in the onions. saute till they turn pink.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till they becomes mushy.
- Add the sambar powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and add in the chopped cauliflower.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to this and cook this until the cauliflower becomes tender. If needed add 2 tablespoon more water.
- Mash this mixture with a potato masher or with the back of the ladle.
- When the water evaporates and the cauliflower mixture dries up switch off the flame.
- Cauliflower masala is ready for stuffing.
- Heat the dosa tawa and pour in a ladle full of batter and spread it into a thin circle of dosa.
- Drizzle oil or ghee or butter around the dosa.
- Keep the flame medium.
- Place 2-3 tablespoon of cauliflower masala in the center of the dosa. You can either spread the masala or can just the place it in the center.
- When the bottom part of the dosa becomes golden brown just fold the dosa and if needed drizzle little oil and take out the dosa from pan.
- Since the dosa is thin no need to flip it and cook the other side.
- Crispy cauliflower masala dosa is ready to serve.
- I served with tiffin sambar and mint chutney.
- Instead of cumin seeds you can add fennel seeds.
- Adding curry leaves enhances the flavour and gives a perfect south indian touch to the dosai.
- You can add few bits of cashew nuts while adding mustard seeds.
- You can make this masala and serve with chapathi too.