Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 1-2
Rice 1/4 cup
Oil 1 tblsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1/4 tsp
Peanuts 1 tsp
Green chili 1
Chutney dal | Pottukadalai 1 tblsp
Grated coconut 1 tblsp
Coriander leaves few
Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Cook the rice with 3 portions of water. Since i used 1/4 cup of rice i used 3/4 cup of water.
- Spread the rice in a wide plate. Chop the onions finely. Chop the potato into cubes. Cut the green chili too.
- In a pan add oil and add in the mustard seeds, peanuts, urad dal and peanuts.
- when the dal turns golden brown add the onions and saute till the becomes pink.
- Add the cubed potato to this . Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Let this cook in a medium flame. Keep stirring in between.
- Meanwhile pulse the chutney dal in a mixer once. Let it be coarse.
- Check whether the potatoes are cooked by inserting a fork or knife into the potato.
- When it is soft, add the cooked rice to this and also add salt. Switch off the flame.
- Add lemon juice to this.
- Add the coarsely ground gram dal and finely chopped coriander leaves. Garnish with grated coconut.
- Mix well and serve it with papad or raitha of your choice.
- You can add grated carrot to this for garnishing too.
- Left over rice can also be used for this.
- Ensure that the rice is not over cooked.
- Instead of lemon you can add 2 tblsp of grated raw mango too.