Beach style pori , a healthy and easy snack which you can make for kids , whom all the time wants something yummy , as they are at home on vacation. Instead of buying snacks from outside, which may not be good for them, you can make some healthy snacks at home. Check out my Sukka bhel recipe too, which is almost similar to this. You can serve this as a tea time snack too. Always make this masala pori just before serving, else it will become soggy. I have already posted the Beach style sundal . There is no specific proportion for this recipe. I just gave mine and feel free to alter according to your taste buds. Generally in the beaches, they add more of pori and less of peanuts. But at home you can add more peanuts if you like.
- Soak the peanuts in water for 30 minutes. Pressure cook this till 3 whistles. Add little salt while cooking.
- Chop the mango, tomato, onion, coriander leaves finely.
- In a wide bowl, add the pori and boiled cooled peanuts. Drain the water from the peanuts before adding. Add red chilli powder.
- Add the raw mango,tomato,onion and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Squeeze the lemon juice. Generally grated carrots will be added. I don’t have carrots on the day when i made it. So didn’t add
- Mix well and serve immediately.
- You can add cucumber if you want. Grated carrots can also be added.
- If the pori is not crispy, roast it in a pan for a minute and then add.
- Else you can microwave for a minute to bring out the crispiness.