Last week when i bought two cauliflowers i thought of making some gravy with that as a side dish for roti. For the first time i am trying a gravy with cauliflower and it came out so well and my son who never eats roti with any side dish, had this and he really enjoyed eating this cauliflower masala.
Check out my
Check out my
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1 TSP|
|CORIANDER SEEDS||1 TSP|
|CINNAMON||A SMALL PIECE|
|CASHEW NUTS||1 TBLSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|GRATED PANEER||1 TBLSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||FEW FOR GANISHING|
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon ,cardamom and cashew nuts.
- Allow it to cool.
- Add a 1/2 tsp of oil in the kadai and fry the sliced onions till they turn nice golden brown colour.
- When it is cool ,grind it into a smooth paste along with the ginger garlic paste and the roasted masala.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets and saute in a kadai for 5-7 mins adding a tsp of oil.
- Keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add oil and throw in the ground paste.
- Add a tblsp of water to this and cook this for 2 mins.
- Grind the tomatoes and make it a puree. Add this to the masala.
- Mix well and saute for few minutes.
- Add the redchilli powder , turmeric powder and salt to this.
- Cook for 2 minutes in a low flame.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and milk to this and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with grated paneer and coriander leaves .