Aloo matar masala recipe
Aloo matar masala in pressure cooker, a popular combo of potatoes and green peas cooked in onion tomato based gravy, pairs well with chapati, poori and also for biryanis. Last week when we went to a nearby Indian Restaurant for dinner, we decided not to order for any paneer dish and finally ended up in ordering Aloo mutter gravy. While we were enjoying the aloo matar masala, my husband asked me, whether i have this recipe of aloo matar in Jeyashri’s kitchen. I immediately tried the recipe the following week and sharing the recipe with you all now. This recipe i learnt my cousin Kirthika, from whom i learnt the recipe of Pav bhaji ,needless to say, she is an expert in cooking. I still can’t forget the taste of the aloo mutter which she cooked for me when was pregnant with my second baby.
Check out my other popular recipes, which pairs with chapati.
Aloo matar masala recipe
- Recipe Cusine: Indian
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 3-4
- Author: Jeyashri
- Recipe Category: Lunch | Dinner
- Description: Aloo matar masala,in pressure cooker, a popular combo of potatoes and green peas cooked in onion tomato based gravy, pairs well with chapati, poori and also for biryanis
Green peas 1/2 cup
Green chili 1
Oil 1 tblsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1- 1.5 tsp
Garam masala 3/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Method with step by step pictures :
- Chop the onions and tomatoes. Peel the skin of the potato and cut into cubes.
- Puree the tomato.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and add the chopped onions and slit green chili.
- Saute till they turns pink.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
- Keep the flame in medium.
- When done add the coriander powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Saute for a while and add the cubed potatoes and green peas.
- Add 1 to 1 and 1/2 cup of water and add salt.
- Close the lid of the pressure cook and cook till 3 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapathi | jeera rice.
- Aloo matar masala | aloo mutter masala is ready to serve.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added. If adding add, after the onions are cooked.
- You can use fresh green peas instead of frozen peas.
- Aloo matar masala makes a perfect side dish for chapati and poori.
Always love it n ur pictures make me to fall in love with it one more time..
Delicious aloo mutter…Love this…Beautiful clicks..
jeyashree it looks so tempting…want to eat them.
Perfect with rotis. Looks yum
My favourite .. Very tempting… Good for bread too
WOwwwwwwww.. Looks super delicious and tempting.. very good job dear.. inviting snaps too 🙂
I love this combo:-) Will make a superb combo with Rotis..Lovely clicks:-)
Love it with chapathis… Nice recipe
love that blue bowl n polka dot napkin…alu matar is an easy and all time favorite.this was one of the initial recipes in my blog..
delicious masala….very inviting clicks 🙂
lovely aloo mutter i prefer with steam rice
Best Best combo for roti. Love it Jey !
Yummy AND tasty
Love this easy-beezy combo veg..Beautiful photos
looks delicious and perfect with chapathis…
wow… so tempting my all time favorite jeyashri…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
nice color n yumm looking curry.. cool cliks..
One of my favorite curries…Nice clicks
Tempting dish….awsome clicks….
tempting and inviting clicks 🙂
Sounds easy and yummy..
Super tempting aloo mutter…
Very tempting & mouthwatering combo with chapathis!!
Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Spicy Aroma-Curry leaves or Red dry Chillies
Aloo mattar Looks Adorable!!!
keep up your GooD Work Dear:)
Tempting curry for Roti's.. Yum..
That curry is a common dish at my place. Yours looks very delicious and good pics make it adorable!
Drooling over rite now, yummy aloo mutter.
I can smell the aroma here.. mouthwatering aloo mutter curry
I really have to try this…looks amazingly tasty
looks delicious..and i love the aloo mutter combo..
Easy and tasty side dish.
Jey! Wonderful presentation again! 🙂 catching up with your recipes after a long time. Love the new ones that you've shared!
Do send your entries to Bake Fest Event & Giveaway! if you can. 🙂
I love these one pot dishes, very tasty one..
Perfect combi for roti .. looks awesome.. nice clicks..
Perfect with hot paratha.
Hey Jeyshree! Am a huge fan of ur blog and I try almost everything from here..they turn out really well! thank u so much for ur step wise explanation which helps beginners like me:) You rock and keep going!!