Aloo matar masala recipe
Check out my other popular recipes, which pairs with chapati.
- Recipe Cusine: Indian
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 3-4
- Author: Jeyashri
- Recipe Category: Lunch | Dinner
- Description: Aloo matar masala,in pressure cooker, a popular combo of potatoes and green peas cooked in onion tomato based gravy, pairs well with chapati, poori and also for biryanis
Green peas 1/2 cup
Green chili 1
Oil 1 tblsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1- 1.5 tsp
Garam masala 3/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Method with step by step pictures :
- Chop the onions and tomatoes. Peel the skin of the potato and cut into cubes.
- Puree the tomato.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and add the chopped onions and slit green chili.
- Saute till they turns pink.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
- Keep the flame in medium.
- When done add the coriander powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Saute for a while and add the cubed potatoes and green peas.
- Add 1 to 1 and 1/2 cup of water and add salt.
- Close the lid of the pressure cook and cook till 3 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapathi | jeera rice.
- Aloo matar masala | aloo mutter masala is ready to serve.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added. If adding add, after the onions are cooked.
- You can use fresh green peas instead of frozen peas.
- Aloo matar masala makes a perfect side dish for chapati and poori.