I always make beans in this style or make Paruppu usili .I have never attempted any version of beans curry that can go well with roti. This recipe i saw in cook book,which my friend borrowed for me recently from the library. This tasted so nice and though we had that with rice, i am sure it will go well with Rotis too.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Beans 250 gms
Tomato 1 small (de seeded)
Sesame seeds 2 tsp
Garlic 2 pods
Coriander pwoder 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Jeera | cumin seeds 1 tsp
Kasoori methi 2 tblsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Sesame seeds 1/2 tsp (to garnish)
- Cut the beans into long strips.
- Grind the sesame seeds, coriander powder,redchilli powder,turmeric powder,cumin seeds,garlic,onion into a smooth paste,using 1 tblsp of water.
- Deseed the tomato and cut them into cubes.
- In a kadai, dry roast the sesame seeds which we have taken for garnishing and keep it aside.
- In a kadai add oil and throw in the ground paste and saute for 2 mins in a low flame.
- Add the kasoori methi and tomatoes.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add the green beans and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 15 mins,stirring in between.
- If needed,sprinkle a tblsp of water in between.
- Do not over cook the beans. Let this be little crunchy.
- Garnish with dry roasted sesame seeds.
- Enjoy with rice/roti.