When a reader asked me for the recipe of homemade rasam powder i asked my mom but she couldn’t recall the proportion for spices she use and finally my sister told the recipe for rasam powder.
INGREDIENTS: (YIELDS APPROX. 1/2 CUP)
|BLACK PEPPER||1 TBLSP|
|VENDAYAM(FENUGREEK SEEDS)||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER SEEDS||1 AND 1/2 TBLSP|
- Dry roast all the ingredients in a medium low flame till they get evenly browned.
- Allow this to cool and grind in a mixer into a fine powder.
- after some time store this in a air tight container.
- If making rasam for 4 people use 1- 1 and 1/2 tsp of this rasam powder.
- For Tomato Rasam recipe click Here.
- Even you can make Mysore Rasam too.
For my readers who asked for my version of sambar powder will keep posted in the new year as i am running out of stock of my home made sambar powder. Will bring enough once i am back from my vacation.