WITHOUT TAMARIND – NO ONION NO GARLIC RECIPE
Vathakuzhambhu is a my all time favorite recipe and already i have posted my version of vathakuzhambhu with video too. This thakkali kuzhambhu is a unique recipe which is made without tamarind and almost tastes like a chunky tomato thokku. This weekend i made this vathakuzhambhu after a very long time and we all enjoyed with hot rice and poricha kootu.
Also check out my
|SAMBAR POWDER||3 –4 TSP|
|SESAME OIL||2 TBLSP|
|TOOR DAL||2 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|FENUGREEK SEEDS(VENDAYAM)||1/4 TSP|
|DRY RED CHILIES||2 NO|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- Chop the tomatoes into fine pieces.
- In a pan add sesame oil and add the mustard seeds, toor dal vendayam(fenugreek seeds) and when the mustard crackles add the red chillies.
- Now add the sambar powder and saute for few seconds.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and saute well for 3minutes in a medium flame.
- Now add 2 cups of water and add salt, turmeric powder and jaggery.
- Let this mixture boil for 12 to 15 minutes till the raw smell of the sambar powder goes and the kuzhambhu reaches the right consistency.
- Before transferring this to a serving bowl add a tsp of sesame oil and add curry leaves.
- If handled with a dry and clean spoon this can be kept in the refrigerator and consumed for 2 days.