The schezwan fried rice which i made with the home made schezwan sauce doesn’t need any accompaniment and both the kids liked it.
INGREDIENTS( FOR 3/4 CUP SAUCE)
|GARLIC (FINELY CHOPPED)||1/4 CUP|
|GINGER (FINELY CHOPPED)||2 TBLSP|
|SOYA SAUCE||1/2 TSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|TOMATO KETCHUP||1/2 TSP|
- Soak the red chilli in water for an hour.
- Take out the seeds and grind it into a smooth paste. add a few tsp of water if necessary while grinding.
- the easier way to take out the seeds is , take it out before soaking. this makes the job easy.
- In a pan add the oil and add the finely chopped ginger and garlic . Saute for few minutes till the garlic turns golden brown color. Saute in a low flame, else it will not get cooked.
- Add the ground red chilli paste to this. ( 2tblsp )
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes till the oil oozes out.
- Add the soya sauce and pepper powder.
- Add tomato ketchup and salt as needed.
- Keep in mind that the sauces(soya and ketchup) contains salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to this and cook for few minutes till it reaches a saucy consistency.
- Add little extra water if you want, but do not add too much.
- Sauce is ready.
- stay tuned till tomorrow to get the recipe of Schezwan Fried Rice. Check for the recipe of schezwan fried rice recipe
- This can be stored in a clean bottle for 10 days in the refrigerator.