Coming to the recipe, this Puli upma is my all time favourite,whenever i visit my mom’s place i ask her to make this for breakfast. even when she visited here last time,most of the days she made this for me. But though it is my favourite, i never attempted to make this. Still don’t know why!!. Yesterday i thought of attempting this on my own.Came out very well.
Just wanted to share the recipe with u all.Simple and easy one made with rice flour and tamarind water.
Check out my
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 1-2
Rice flour 1/2 cup
Tamarind extract 1 and 1/4 cup
Asafoetida a pinch
Salt as needed
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Red chili 3
- Soak a small piece of tamarind in warm water .
- Extract tamarind water from it.
- Mix this with the rice flour
- Add salt and mix well
- The consistency should be slightly loose from the chapathi dough.
- Heat a kadai,and add oil to it
- Temper mustard seeds, asafoetida and red chillies to it.
- When it crackles add the rice flour mixture to it.
- Cook in medium flames and break the lumps with a ladle.
- When it is cooked, sprinkle a few drops of water to it .
- Mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with SUTTA APPLAM.(Pappad roasted on open flame or can be microwaved too)
- I personally love to eat this with sugar smeared on the top of it and with papad.