Everyone has their own way of cooking this green gram sabzi. I too make in a different way, but after tasting this dal in my friends place, almost a year back, i decided to make this in that way since we all like that . And another important thing is it is very simple and easy to make . Enjoy this green moong dal subzi with roti or jeera pulao.
Whole green gram 1 cup
Green moong dal subzi recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Whole green gram 1 cup
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Jeera | cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Video of how to make green moong dal subzi
- Wash and soak moong dal for 2 hrs .
- Cut the onions into small.
- Puree the tomato.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the jeeragam. When it splutters, add the onions and saute for a minute and add the puree tomatoes to that.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder,garam masala, red chilli powder one by one and mix it nicely.
- Now add the soaked moong dal and add 1 cup of water. Add required salt to this.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook till 6-7 whistles.
- When it is done add the Kasoori methi and mix it well.
- Add 1 cup of water and boil for a minute.
- Transfer it to serving bowl . Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- And if you like add some cream to the top of it or you can add a tblsp of milk and mix it , to get a nice creamy texture.
- Serve hot with rotis.
I love moong as its very healthy but havent used it in for doing dal till now….Nice recipe…surely will try this one..
Protein packed green moongdal curry…looks prefect!
Wow.. Looks sooo appetizing..! Green moong dal was meant only for sundal in our homes. This one is very different. Will try out soon! 🙂
Looks very nice,i too make with similar ingredients yours sounds much easier to make 🙂
I m something similar too .Never tried adding kasturi methi though 🙂
I make this often too… Very healthy and yummy recipe!
thank u all my dear friends for your encouraging comments.
Healthy & yummy recipe.
I just gave you a bear hug.
Check this link.
simple and healthy recipe but looks grt nice pic.
Healthy dal and tasty too.
Healthy dish,i used to prepare regularly.ur version looks good
Like the idea of kasturi Methi at the end. Thank you for sharing
Oh yum, this looks so good.
Lovely curry Jeyashri!! I love this moong dal sabji, and somehow haven't made this for a long time..Lovely photos.
it s so yummy, n healthy.i make it regularly.
This looks so good. I love moong dal.
I will try this
I tried this recipe yesterday and it was so good !!! My husband and I loved it !!
We tried this yesterday and it was too good !!
Excellent jeyshri akka, it came out well and very easy
This is such a healthy and easy gravy for chapathi. Have made it twice and it was yummy.
Can we make this with sprouted moong? Let me know please?
Thank you so much for trying. Yes you can use sprouted moong for this gravy.
The same curry can be made with Moth beans too.