Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Whole green gram 1 cup
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Jeera | cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Video of how to make green moong dal subzi
- Wash and soak moong dal for 2 hrs .
- Cut the onions into small.
- Puree the tomato.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the jeeragam. When it splutters, add the onions and saute for a minute and add the puree tomatoes to that.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder,garam masala, red chilli powder one by one and mix it nicely.
- Now add the soaked moong dal and add 1 cup of water. Add required salt to this.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook till 6-7 whistles.
- When it is done add the Kasoori methi and mix it well.
- Add 1 cup of water and boil for a minute.
- Transfer it to serving bowl . Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- And if you like add some cream to the top of it or you can add a tblsp of milk and mix it , to get a nice creamy texture.
- Serve hot with rotis.