Here comes the recipe for simple Potato curry. Check out my jeera aloo recipe and potato pottalam.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Potato (boiled) 5
Coriander leaves handful (finely chopped)
Sambar powder 2-3 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds | jeera 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
- Wash the potatoes and cook them in a pressure cooker till 2-3 whistles.
- Do not overcook.
- Allow it to cool ,when it is done.
- Cut them into cubes and keep it aside.
- My mom keeps it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a pan add the oil and throw in the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add the finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Add the potatoes, sambar powder, turmeric powder ,salt and asafoetida.
- Mix nicely and do it gently.
- Take care not to mash the potatoes.
- Keep it in a low flame and mix gently in between, till the masala mixes well with the potatoes and it turns into golden brown colour.
- When it is done transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sambar powder can be replaced with 1 and 1/2 tsp of red chili powder and 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- This potato curry goes well with pooris and rotis too.