Last weekend i went to chennai for 2 days to attend a function. While returning back i finished all the airport formalities so qucikly and was waiting in the airport for 2 hours . It was 12 am in the night and when i was sitting and thinking this idea flashed me. I was just thinking about the sweet french roll ups recipe which i have seen in a magazine in Higgin bothoms book shop in airport. Then this idea suddenly flashed up. So i tried it yesterday and it was a super hit at my place. Check out my other easy snack recipes using bread too.
Bread masala dosa rolls
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Makes: 2
Potato curry 2 tblsp
Bread slices 2
Dosa batter | idli batter 3 tblsp
Oil few drops
Molagapodi 1-2 tsp
- Mash the potato curry with the fork nicely. So that it will be easy to stuff and roll.
- Trim the edges of the bread and roll them using a rolling pin. Just roll it once on all sides.
- If the filling is hot, allow this to nicely cool. Place a tblsp of the filling in the edge of the rolled bread. Roll this gently and tightly . If needed slightly apply water in the edges and cover it fully. else the masala will come out while dipping in batter or while cooking it.
- Dip this in dosa batter and immediately and trasnfer to a tawa or a pan and drizzle few drops of oil to this .
- Cook on all sides in a medium low flame till it becomes nice golden brown colour.
- Once done, take it out from the tawa and roll it in the molagapodi and serve this .
- You can either cut this and serve this . I served with coconut chutney.
- While rolling the bread after placing the filling, roll it tightly and also gently do it.
- Feel free to make the filling of your own. It may be italian, mexican, north indian....
- Even after 3-4 hours these rolls stayed nice and tasted well.
- To make it more healthy use wheat bread and for a chane dip in Ragi dosa batter
- You can serve this with tomato sauce too.