This is a very simple dish which can be made in no time and i mom makes this very nice and yummy. she makes it very spicy and since my family doesn’t prefer much spice,i made it according to their taste.
|COCONUT SCRAPPED||3/4 CUP|
|URAD DHAL||2 1/2 TBLSP|
|ASAFOETIDA||A GENEROUS PINCH|
- Heat a kadai and fry the urad dhal and redchillies till golden brown.
- Add the asafoetida to this.
- Switch off the flame and add tamarind to it .
- Just saute it in the hot kadai along with the dal and chilli.
- Add the scrapped coconut to this.
- Allow it to cool and add salt.
- Grind it in the mixie by adding very little water.
Enjoy with hot rice smeared with sesame oil or ghee .