This rice is very simple to make and i often make it for lunch box.Do try this and i am sure u will enjoy this a lot.
This time i really made it in a hurry ,so i couldn’t take stepwise pictures.
|CAPSICUM(MEDIUM SIZE)||1 NO.|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 TBLSP(Can be replaced with 1/2 tsp of chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of coriander powder)|
|BASMATHI RICE||1 CUP|
|GINGERGARIC PASTE||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|EVEREST KITCHEN KING MASALA||ONE GENEROUS PINCH(CAN USE ANY GARAM MASALA)|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||A FEW|
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 15 mins.
- Cook the rice by adding 1 1/2 cups of water and half the salt.
- When it is done, spread it in a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Heat a kadai and add the oil.
- Throw in the cumin seeds,when it splutters add ginger garlic paste.
- Throw in the chopped onions.
- Fry till golden brown .
- Add the Sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt to it and saute for a few minutes.
- Finally add the kitchen king masala and the chopped capsicums and mix well.
- After a minute, switch off the flame.
- Make sure the capsicum should not be overcooked.
- Gently mix the rice to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with onion raitha.