I made this yummy Bread Panner Rolls for our breakfast today. I have tried this cute and yummy rolls from Edible Garden ,a very good blog and you can find very authentic kerela recipes and mouthwatering cakes too. Nags, the cook, owner and writer of EDIBLE GARDEN and a good friend of mine has another photo blog to expose her talent in photography and writing.
Thanks a lot Nags for this wonderful recipe. My kids loved this a lot like anything and we also enjoyed a lot. Since i made this in a hurry(we all were hungry) i couldn’t take stepwise pictures properly.
But Nags ,posted a detailed recipe of these rolls in her blog.
I followed her recipe except i omitted the addition of ginger garlic paste.
I am sending this to jayasri’s Blogger Marathon Event.
|PANEER SCRAMBLED||1/2 CUP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEED POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||A SMALL BUNCH|
- Scramble the paneer as i did for Panner Bhurji.
- In a bowl, add the redchilli powder,cumin powder,garam masala ,finely chopped coriander leaves, onions,salt and tomato ketchup and mix this nicely using your hand along with the scrambled paneer.
- Cut the sides of the bread using a knife.
- Do this for the rest of the bread.
- Roll the bread now using a rolling pin as we do for roti.
- Keep the paneer mixture at one end of the bread and roll it tightly.
- In the original recipe it is mentioned to wrap up the rolls in a clean damp kitchen towel.
- I didn’t do this ,as you know i made this in a hurry.
- Brush the rolls with butter and keep in a tawa .
- Carefully turn them to make the breads evenly toasted.
- Cut them into two pieces and enjoy hot with tomato ketchup.
- To avoid the rolls from opening while toasting in pan,just seal the edges with water or maida paste.