After tasting a wondeful pineapple kesari in saravana bhavan ,i wanted to attempt this at home. This recipe i have tried so many times,but everytime i make this ,it got over within 5 minutes. This time i pleaded them to wait till i click the pictures. Thanks to them,so finally i am here with the recipe of pineapple kesari.
Now it is holiday for the kiddos and i was quite busy with them for the past 3-4 days and i didn’t give feedback on all the yummy recipes which i saw in my reader….
Check out my Rava kesari recipe.
|PINEAPPLE CHUNKS||1/2 CUP|
|WATER||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|CASHEW NUTS||2 TBLSP|
- In a kadai, add a tsp of ghee and fry the cashews until they turn nice golden brown colour .
- Keep it aside.
- In the same kadai, dry roast the rava for few minutes, till a nice aroma arises and the rava turns slightly brown.
- Be careful not to make it burn.
- Cut the pineapple into fine pieces.
- In a sauce pan heat the water and add the pineapple chunks and bring it to a boil.
- Slowly add the hot water with the pineapple chunks to the roasted rava.
- Stir well till the rava gets nicely cooked.
- To check whether the rava is cooked or not, wet your hands and touch the mixture. If rava doesnt stick to your hands it means it is completely cooked.
- Now slowly add the sugar to this cooked rava.
- To avoid getting lumps add sugar slowly with one hand and stir the mixture continuously with otherhand.
- Do not panic if the mixture gets watery.
- You will get the right consistency if you continuously stir this for few minutes.
- Add the ghee, elachi and the roasted cashews.
- Mix well.
- Serve warm.
- The rava has to be cooked properly,otherwise the kesari will become watery.
- Be careful, while adding sugar,otherwise lumps will be formed.