Panakam | pakagam is normally prepared during Sri rama navami along with Neer Mor and Vadaparuppu . During my child hood days i never drink panagam as my mom will forcefully tell me drink . But some how after marriage , few years later i started liking panakam. Apart from making panakam for rama navami my we make this during the time we make lakshmi pooja at home and on the days when we read Sundara kanda Parayanam. During the days when were in Chennai, me and my mil will visit to the west mamabalam ayodaya mandapam and relish the neer mor, panagam and vada paruppu they give there as prasadams.
|DRY GINGER POWDER(SUKKU)||1/8 TSP|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TBLSP|
- Soak the jaggery in water for 15 minutes.
- Filter the jaggery to take out the impurities.
- add dry ginger powder,cardamom powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well. Panakam is ready for neivedhyam.
- apart from making this for rama navami, this is a best summer cooler.
- Panakam is very healthy too and best when serve chilled.
- Edible camphor(pachakalpuram) can be used.