INGREDIENTS : MAKES- 11 BALLS
|POTTUKADALAI | CHUTNEY DAL||3/4 CUP|
|GHEE||1/2 CUP MINUS 1 TBLSP|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PNCH|
- Grind the pottukdalai | chutney dal into a fine powder in a mixer.
- Powder the sugar too finely.
- Sieve this powdered dal and sugar to ensure even mixing.
- Add the cardamom powder to this.( I didn’t add)
- Break the cashew nuts into tiny bits. Fry them in little ghee and add it to the sugar pottukadalai powder mixture.
- Melt the ghee and add it .
- Mix gently with a spoon.
- When it is warm , make it into round balls.
- You keep in the refrigerator or can be stored in an airtight container too at room temperature.
- Sugar can be reduced 2-3 tblsp less if you want it little less sweet.
- In that case reduce 1 tblsp of ghee
- If you feel the mixture is not binding after adding ghee, sprinkle 1 tsp of milk and bind.
- But adding milk will reduce the shelf life of the maaladoo.